Why Can't I See Anything on My Desktop?
3 May 2021
Computers have now become a very important part of our lives since the trend of work from home has started due to the pandemic situations everywhere. In this scenario where the whole work is operating from home, damage to the system files due to which we can't click on anything on the computer or not be able to see anything on it is the most horrifying thing as all our work will come to a halt.
With the means of this article, we are here to share with you some useful ways by which you can solve your problem, so let’s get going with our first method.
Method-1: Restart Windows Explorer
If you Can't see anything on Windows 10 desktop then this might be due to an issue with the explorer.exe program, to which desktop icons are associated. Following are the steps by which you can rectify this problem of yours:
- First, you have to press the Ctrl + Alt Delete key at the same time from your keyboard.
- A new window will appear, from the menu visible, select the “Task Manager” option.
- After that, you have to go to the “Processes” tab if it is not the opened tab when you visit Task Manager.
- There, in the list of processes find the process named “Windows Explorer”.
- Now, right-click on it and click on the “End Task” button.
- At the top of the visible window, click on the “File” option and within it click on “Run new Task”.
- A window will pop up on the screen. In the text box of it, type “explorer.exe” and hit enter from the keyboard.
- It will restart the Windows Explorer and relaunch that process.
Method-2 Switch off the Tablet Mode
It happens at times that by mistake tablet mode got switched on by mistake and we can't click anything on taskbar or the desktop. Thus, to ensure the proper functioning here are the steps that can be taken to switch it off:
- First, you have to click the Windows logo key + A at the same time from the keyboard.
- Now the sidebar of the system will appear.
- At the bottom of it, several options will be present. Locate the “Tablet Mode” and click on it.
- Now, put the settings as follows:
- When I Sign In: “Keep the mode I last Used”.
- When I use this device as a tablet: “Ask me before switching modes”.
5. Now, save the changes you made and restart your system. Hopefully, your problem is rectified when your computer turns on.